Published February 2017 · Report No. VVC492K17 · Price US $1,850
The increasing electronic content of over-the-road trucks and the evolution of digital and wireless functionality that has ensued in the last decade have provided shippers and their logistics partners with the ability to improve asset utilization and pick-up and delivery (gate-in/gate-out times) precision. The logistics sector is now contemplating the next generation of onboard data collection and operational optimization. One such anticipated development is vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V) communication. In the U.S. the technology is being pushed by regulators as a way to reduce accidents. But for commercial shippers, the value of V2V is viewed in terms of its ability to lower fuel costs and improve operating efficiencies. This report examines the programs and players that are driving this important logistics segment.
Report Brochure (Download PDF)
Report Order Form (Download PDF)
Commercial Vehicle-to-Vehicle Communication – What You Will Learn
• What are the current plans and standards that are influencing the development and adoption rate of commercial vehicle-to-vehicle (V2V) communication?
• Who are the technology leaders and what are their corporate affiliations? Who are their alliance partners and collaborators?
• What are the enabling technologies and capabilities required for successful V2V implementation?
• What are the leading applications for commercial V2V communications? What are the expected benefits and risks?
• What are the regional factors affecting the evolution of commercial V2V communications?
• What is the current activity and involvement of commercial vehicle OEMs in the V2V space?
• What are the significant economic and regulatory factors affecting the market for V2V communications?
Commercial Vehicle-to-Vehicle Communication – Table of Contents
Connected Vehicle Technology
Vehicle-to-Vehicle (V2V) Key Enablers
Integrated (Vehicle OEM) Devices
Is It Working? Metrics for V2V Fleets
Applications for V2V Communications
Traffic Flow Management
The Market Leaders