Published March 2017 · Report No. MPS727R17 · Price US $1,850
Microneedle technology is attaining commercial viability at a time when drug developers are faced with new challenges as they assess ways to administer new classes of compounds with significant therapeutic potential. The widespread availability of rapid throughput screening is accelerating the discovery of new drugs, a significant number of which are large-molecule therapeutic compounds that cannot tolerate passage through the digestive system, requiring pharmaceutical companies to forego oral formulations and select alternate routes of administration. Microneedle technology has the potential address the growing trend toward self-administration by allowing the precise placement of therapeutic agents at prescribed locations below the skin. To succeed, developers must refine the techniques for large-scale manufacturing and advance the design integration of microneedles into commercially viable drug delivery systems.
Report Brochure (Download PDF)
Report Order Form (Download PDF)
Microneedle Patches & Syringes – What You Will Learn
• What approved drug products are currently supplied in microneedle devices and systems, what are the device specifics, and who markets them?
• Who are the branded microneedle drug delivery device and syringe suppliers, their manufacturing infrastructure and locations, their capabilities?
• What are the major factors that are influencing demand for microneedle patches and syringes?
• What are the essential design factors, material selection issues, technologies and market development issues for microneedle patch & syringe products?
• What are the important therapeutic markets for microneedle patch and syringe products and what is their market share now? What will it be in five years?
• What are the significant economic, technology, and regulatory factors affecting the market for microneedle patches & syringes?
Microneedle Patches & Syringes – Table of Contents
Microneedle Device Categories
Other Needle Array Categories
Small Syringe-Mounted Arrays
Microneedle Device Design Factors
Materials Selection Factors
Batch Process Manufacturing
Emerging Fabrication Methods
Product Unit Cost
Microneedle Patch & Syringe Device Analysis
Single Step Delivery Products
Two-step Delivery Products
OEM Platform Products
Branded Single Therapy Products
Patient Fillable Devices
Single Needle Syringes
Small Array Syringes
Therapeutic Market Drivers
Patient Compliance and Ease of Use